MIX DM reduces passage of water through concrete and mortar. It considerably reduces water absorption.
By a physical action MIX DM seals the surface the mortar/ concrete, producing a low permeability system. The hydrophobic ingredient
of MIX DM insoluble in water and therefore becomes a permanent constituent of hardened concrete.
MIX DM also contains an air-entraining plasticiser which allows a reduction to be made in the water content of the mix whilst maintaining
workability and the final strength of the concrete or mortar.
MIX DM does not adversely affect setting time.
- Disperses rapidly upon contact with the mixing water distributing itself throughout the mix.
- Hydrophobic element is insoluble in water.
- Becomes a permanent constituent of the hardened concrete and cannot evaporate or deteriorate.
- Does not change the setting time of cement, reduce strength of concrete or corrode reinforcement.
- Has no chemical reaction. Its action is physical and positive and is thus permanent.
- Water permeability and absorption is reduced, hence it prevents movement that can arise from intermittent wetting with a resultant reduction in surface crazing.
- Reconstructed stone work stays cleaner longer and has greater resistance to attack from atmospheric acids.
To enquire about this product click here.